Peanut Butter is not a Plastic Explosive

Ah...back in the land of the rising sun. Time to kick back, drink a Chuhai, enjoy a sunrise and some good turns.

Matthias Weichselbaumer



Happo Sunrise

Of course it's not all that straight forward. Standard to any travel halfway around the world, it has to be earned. As usual, the siren song of Kamchatka's mystical peaks was loud and clear. I barely slept on the plane, constantly craning my neck to get a view of those behemoth beauties.

Kamchatka...

...I want

Next came convincing Japanese customs officers peanut butter was a delicious treat, not a weapon of mass destruction. When I got to the Powder Lodge, I needed about 18 hours of sleep. Since the skiing started in 5 hours, that's what I got. Oh well. The powder is persistent here. It refuses to track itself out.

Patrick Fux
Matthias

If two great powder days weren't enough to get things started, high pressure came around and the group had a memorable session of the infamous Virgin Cafe. Virgins were slain, and the skiing was, as usual, quite good. 

Patrick

Ryan Gormly

The good old Happo Wind

Cheap, delicious sake flows like wine. Sushi of the same price and quality is bountiful. The onsen are hot and the weather is cold. What else can I say? It's good to be back!

Temptations temptations. A natural onsen awaits

No comments:

Post a Comment